Did you know that the current pandemic has caused a huge surge in home fitness sales? According to www.businesswire, “fitness equipment sales have grown 170% during the coronavirus lockdown”. This definitely is a telling sign that people are prioritizing their health and want to incorporate fitness routines in their homes. According to the CDC, “regular physical exercise is one of the most important things you can do for your health.”
The Top Benefits of Regular Exercise, according to www.healthline.com:
- It can make you feel happier (increases the production of endorphins, improves your mood, and decreases depression, anxiety, and stress)
- It can help with weight loss (exercise is crucial to supporting a fast metabolism, so you are able to burn calories)
- It is good for your muscles and bones (physical activity can stimulate muscle building when paired with adequate protein intake)
- It can increase your energy levels (exercise can be a real energy booster for healthy people, as well as those with various medical conditions)
- It can reduce your risk of chronic disease (lack of regular physical activity is a primary cause of chronic disease)
- It can help with skin health (regular moderate exercise can increase your body’s production of natural antioxidants, which help protect cells)
- It can help with brain health and memory (exercise can improve brain function and protect memory and thinking skills)
- It can help with relaxation and sleep quality (regular exercise can help you relax and sleep better)
- It can reduce pain (studies show that exercise helps relieve chronic pain)
With gym and park closures and so many changes in life these days, one thing that can definitely maintain open and consistent is your own backyard! You don’t have to worry about memberships, long wait lines, or even unhealthy germs. With a custom California Pools backyard swimming pool, you can enjoy the perfect oasis and maintain your fitness goals and incorporate a healthy exercise routine into your life. Whether you set up your home gym in a shady corner of your backyard or jump in the pool for your fitness, a beautiful backyard oasis is the perfect answer to home fitness.
Did you know that swimming is one of the greatest forms of exercise for your body and over-all health? Not only is lap swimming a wonderful form of low-impact aerobic exercise, so is water aerobics! The ease of jumping in your pool and performing your exercise routine from the comfort of your own home is truly a joy for our customers. Water aerobics can provide you with cardiovascular benefits as well as strength-resistance. Due to the water’s buoyancy, aerobic exercises, stretches, and other movements are more fluid in the water, so you can get the benefits of a strenuous workout without stressing your body. Plus, you can avoid hot and sweaty workouts and enjoy a refreshing fitness routine in your cool swimming pool!
With a few items on deck, you can enjoy doing water aerobics in the comfort of your beautiful California Pools swimming pool!
- Swimming Pool Dumbbells
- Swimming Pool Noodle
- Aerobic Flotation Belt
According to @Fitness Magazine, here are some great exercises that you can add to your water aerobics routine:
1. Jog in place- Keep knees high.
2. Tick-tock hop- Quickly jump from side to side, keeping feet together.
3. Knee twist- Cross right elbow toward left knee at waist. Alternate sides.
4. Squat jump- Squat down with arms extended at shoulder height; jump as high as possible while raising arms overhead.
5. Bicycle- Lean with back against side of pool, arms outstretched at edge. “Pedal” legs at surface.
6. Flutter kick- Hold onto edge of pool, arms extended; kick legs quickly.
7. Pendulum swing- From the bicycle position, extend legs in front of you. Swing up and over to the right, then left, keeping them together and underwater.
8. Crunch- From the bicycle position, extend legs, keeping feet together. Pull both knees into chest. Return to starting position.
9. Outer-thigh lift- Stand with the left side near the pool wall, with feet together, holding the edge with left hand. Lift right leg out to side. Do 20 reps. Switch sides.
With California Pools as your trusted pool builder, you will gain so much more than a gorgeous swimming pool and spa. You will gain a home gym environment, a relaxing spa, outdoor kitchen and barbecue, plenty of space for outdoor entertaining, and the ultimate entertainer’s dream come true! You are able to host swim parties, meals with friends, warm nights by the fire, and much more! One of the greatest perks you have with a custom-built backyard is the convenience to accomplish your fitness routines and reach your exercise goals from home. If you need a space for lap swimming or plenty of room for water-aerobics we’ve got you covered! We will build your backyard to accommodate your family’s needs and desires. Your happiness and health is just as important to us as it is to you. We love building outdoor living areas to suit your healthy and fun lifestyle
Check out our website for more information!